All of our prices are shown excluding VAT. When you have chosen your products, at the checkout, you will be asked if you have any disabilities/long term illnesses that qualifies for VAT relief. You are only required to enter one disability/long term illness. If you or the person who will be using the products does not qualify or you do not fill in the relevant information, the price you will pay will increase to include VAT.
What Products/Services Qualify for VAT Relief?
If you’re disabled or have a long-term illness, you will not be charged VAT on any of our listed products or services such as:
- the installation and any extra work needed as part of the product.
- repairs or maintenance.
- spare parts or accessories.
Who Qualifies for VAT Relief?
A person is classed as disabled or as having a long-term illness if:
- they have a physical or mental impairment that affects their ability to carry out everyday activities, for example blindness, mental illnesses including depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviours.
- they have a condition that’s treated as chronic sickness, like diabetes, COPD, arthritis, asthma, cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes, Lyme disease, and some viral diseases such as hepatitis C.
- they have a terminal illness, for example, advanced cancer, dementia, (including Alzheimer’s), motor neurone disease, lung disease, neurological diseases like Parkinson’s and advanced heart disease.
You will be asked to give a reason for your disability/illness at the checkout. This will entitle you to the product less the price of VAT. This information is confidential.
Please note: We understand that some people are unable to purchase the goods themselves. In these circumstances, it is perfectly acceptable for a carer, family member or close friend to purchase the goods and services for you, and they will not be charged VAT providing they give the reason for your disability.